Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Forum Login

Traits in a man Options
6ft4yawdman
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:07:46 PM

Groups: Member

So..I was having a conversation with a friend of mine today and she went on and on about some guy that she had met and what she was seeking in a man, and as a man, i was left shaking my head..
So the question i am posing to the ladies is...What is the one trait that a man must possess for you to consider venturing into a committed relationship with him ?
6ft4yawdman
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2008 4:47:01 PM

Ladies, thanks for the insight, and while i agree with what was stated, how about a man of character ?..A few years ago I read a book that was written by Sidney Poiter..his memoir.." The measure of a man "..He spoke indepth about the character of a man, and in listening to women gripe about men these days, it just seems that character in men are lacking..

But yes..a man who loves God and puts him first should be #1 on every woman's wishlist/prayer list..

But..it's not..It's who is handsome and has the resemblance to Boris Kudjoe, who has basketball player height, who have a size 15 foot, why i don't know, maybe they like giving foot massages to BIG footed men..who have BIG bank rolls..who drives the latest cars..everybody wants to date mr popular..etc etc..Then 6 months later they are back to square one..single and seeking that elusive man again...
Honeybee3
Posted: Saturday, December 6, 2008 9:50:41 PM

6ft4,
in addition to what my other 2 sisters stated i want to add that women like men you are honest and have integrity. Apart from that they want someone who genuinely cares for them as a person. Someone who listens when they speak and comforts them when they cry. I met a lot of guys this year while dating them i was building a friendship with a Jamacian playing football here in Trinidad, our friendship was purely plutonic no romantic interest at all. Jus before he left here i fell for him cuz he was the most caring ,loving person i ever came across in my life. He is my best friend and my ja brother. What i'm saying to u also is sometimes its the little things that count.
6ft4yawdman
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:38:52 PM

Miss Honeybee, it's amazing to me how many women will say they want a good man and overlook everything that is good in that man..I never understood the whole " seeking a mate " thing..For me, any time that i found myself ina relationship it happened almost every time the same way yours transpired..Friends and then one day i get up and found butterflies fluttering inside my stomach :-)
But, i feel where you are coming from, good people will grow on you and you don't even realize it..It also says alot about you too, he might not have been the kinda man that you have always envisioned yourself with but you can look past all his " physical flaws " etc, and see him for the good man he is...Congrats and i really do hope that things work out between you guys...
ms_sheesh
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2010 1:10:12 PM

Always put GOD and FAMILY first,Compassion, LOYAL,Considerate, respectful of females, loves cherishes and respects his mother and sisters to the up most. Loves to make time for his woman bcause he knows the importance of building a healthy realationship...........