Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Forum Login

BLEACHING....WHY DO IT? Options
Diamond26
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 6:55:11 PM

Groups: Member

IS IT INSECURITY WHY ONE THINKS THEY NEED TO BLEACH TO LOOK GOOD? OR MAYBE IT'S A COMPLEX? AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX.
Diamond26
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:22:32 PM

jamdown1 wrote:
FUNNY ENOUGH THEY LOOK HORRIBLE U CAN SEE THE VAIN IN THEIR SKIN AND IT IS JUST TERRIBLE HOW CAN A BLACK PERSON NO PROUD OF THEIR BEAUTIFUL COMPLEXION..HAVE U EVER SEEN HOW SOME WHITE PEOPLE GO ON HOLIDAY AND BEG TO BE LIKE US THEY JUST BURN IN THE SUN FOR A TAN...AM BLACK STRONG AND PROD...SO BABY THANK FOR RAISING THE QUESTION..

I raise the point because when I went back to Jamaica( of course you are going to get a tan) and come back to the states, my friends told me" lawd you get dark eeh".......so I said black is beautiful. Ilove my compextion because every where I go men compliment me. Me nah run dung brown because I love what God gave me.

YOU HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITHIN YOURSELF.
Diamond26
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:27:33 PM

jamdown1 wrote:
FUNNY ENOUGH THEY LOOK HORRIBLE U CAN SEE THE VAIN IN THEIR SKIN AND IT IS JUST TERRIBLE HOW CAN A BLACK PERSON NO PROUD OF THEIR BEAUTIFUL COMPLEXION..HAVE U EVER SEEN HOW SOME WHITE PEOPLE GO ON HOLIDAY AND BEG TO BE LIKE US THEY JUST BURN IN THE SUN FOR A TAN...AM BLACK STRONG AND PROD...SO BABY THANK FOR RAISING THE QUESTION..

I AM JUST TIRED OF SEEING OUR BLACK WOMEN AND MEN BURNING OUT THEIR SKIN BECAUSE THEY THINK IT WILL MAKE THEM LOOK BETTER. WHAT ABOUT YEARS FROM NOW WHEN YOU DEVELOP KIDNEY FAILURE DUE TO THE CHEMICALS SEEPING INTO YOUR BLOOD STREAM. IS IT WERTH IT? ARE YOU THAT INSECURE WITH YOURSELF?....WHAT I HATE THE MOST , WHEN YOU SEE A PRETTY DARK SKIN WOMAN START BLEACH.
rookie1170
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:17:59 AM

they think that being "lighter" makes them look better regardless of how damaged their skin gets, they literally hate themselves.
rookie1170
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:21:07 AM

I've also wondered about the hair extensions, some women change hairstyles several times for the week. I know all about how convenient it is but do they do it for the convenience or because they don't like their natural hair?
Diamond26
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:37:28 PM

I am nagged all the time about my long natural hair. I wear weaves because it's much easier to maintain and style. I give my natural hair a break for several month in the year and then I go natural but I don't think there is anything wrong. It all depends on each womans reason for wearing a weave. SOME WOMEN NEED TO WEAVE AND SOME WEAVE TO GIVE THEIR HAIR A BREAK.
Melia Q
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2008 10:14:43 PM

i think hair and make up and stuff isnt a big ting as long as it look good then cool... but bleaching ur beautiful black skin u have to be ashamed/insecure of ur race thats the only thing i can link it to... im as dark dark as nite- the man dem love it and i love it . i would never change what gods blessed me with... especially as a black person we have worked too hard from slavery trade period to back down now and be ashamed of ourselves ..
Diamond26
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2008 10:20:50 AM

Melia Q wrote:
i think hair and make and stuff isnt a big ting as long as it look good then cool... but bleaching ur beautiful black skin u have to be ashamed/insecure of ur race thats the only thing i can link it to... im as dark dark as nite- the man dem love it and i love it . i would never change what gods blessed me with... especially as a black person we have worked too hard from slavery trade period to back down now and be ashamed of ourselves ..

Especially a BEAUTIFUL DARK SKINED WOMAN, why destroy what God gave you just to fit in with what you THINK is acceptable.
biggy369
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 10:03:54 AM

bleaching is as a result of what person directly think of themselves. we have all heard it at some point if yuh brown yuh come around and if you black stay a back.
Personally i know alot of persons who are very successful because of there looks and skin colour and not because of their educational achievement. But if you mentall strong and not as easily lead you will hold true to the god given beauty you were born with
tongetwista
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 3:26:22 PM

Bleeaching of the skin,makes one feels more accepted in the world in which we live,a lot of us would prefer a lighter complextion,and that why if the man is of darker skin,he wants a woman with lighter skin,and visa versa.
hearthrob
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 11:49:55 PM

Why do people think if they bleach they will look prettier? IF YUH BLACK AND UGLY WHEN YUH BLEACH YUH GOING TO BE BROWN AND UGLY!!!! A THAT ME SEH
Mr. Man
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:35:01 AM

Malia Q, all you need is to wash your face with pure water, dry it with a sift cloth and you good to go. You do not need any makeup, hair do, nothing, just drag the comb through the hair with some vaciline and you good.
Koolkat
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:50:53 PM

jamdown1 wrote:

If white folk spend so much money millions on vacation,tan salon, tan product etc. then something must me special about being dark skin. I will have to agree with u on this comment.
Koolkat
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:14:18 PM

kekebaby wrote:
Bleaching is suppose to be use for even skin tone, not to make u look whiter! If someone is doing it for those purposes, then they need help and a reality check. I blame the media for there perception of the way a women of color is suppose to look!

You go go girl sweet Kekebaby.
Melia Q
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:53:35 AM

Mr. Man i only use natural products on my skin and done. plus ima vegeterian so only ital foods go into this body . I thank God for whats hes given me so in return i respect it and give my body the mother foods of the earth and use only natural organic oils etc on my skin.
Koolkat
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:47:03 PM

Yep! Malia I totally agree with u. Personally I believe what u r doing is working.
Savvylew
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:40:43 PM

Personally, I think it has alot to do with the ideals they were brought up with. I tell my kids everyday that they are beautiful and that their complexion is tops and no-one can tell them differently. What I find funny is the women who are bleached out and have kids who are very dark, what do you do then, bleach your kids.......
LowKey
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 2:41:57 PM

This one is to EZ ... IF IT IS NOT FOR HEALTH REASONS...plain and simple...>> ITS FOR BULL SHIT

I WONDER ABOUT ALL THAT EUROPEAN/AMERICANIZATION/WESTERNAZATION OF THAT MAGNIFICANT BLACK NAPPY HAIR JEWEL OF AFRICA ...WHOS BEAUTY IS ONLY SURPASSED BY HER PERSON, THIS EBONY GOODESS, THIS QUEEN OF THE JUNGLE ...EITHER A TRAIL THROUGH THE WOODZ OR CONCRETE (N my eyes) EBONY GIRL YOU YOU ALL GOOD AND CAN NOT BE BEAT N MY HEART YOU WILL FOREVER BE. I only lement when she can not hear her MOTHER AFRICA'S VOICE...when it come to the rest of us.(and what she do)..We have NO Choice.
sexxslave
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:32:59 PM

LowKey wrote:
This one is to EZ ... IF IT IS NOT FOR HEALTH REASONS...plain and simple...>> ITS FOR BULL SHIT

I WONDER ABOUT ALL THAT EUROPEAN/AMERICANIZATION/WESTERNAZATION OF THAT MAGNIFICANT BLACK NAPPY HAIR JEWEL OF AFRICA ...WHOS BEAUTY IS ONLY SURPASSED BY HER PERSON, THIS EBONY GOODESS, THIS QUEEN OF THE JUNGLE ...EITHER A TRAIL THROUGH THE WOODZ OR CONCRETE (N my eyes) EBONY GIRL YOU YOU ALL GOOD AND CAN NOT BE BEAT N MY HEART YOU WILL FOREVER BE. I only lement when she can not hear her MOTHER AFRICA'S VOICE...when it come to the rest of us.(and what she do)..We have NO Choice.
NOW MI BOUY LOWKEY START CHAT WITH SENSE, RESPECT LOWKEY, MI LOVE DEM TYPE OF REASONING YAH. THE NEXT LANGUAGE U USED TO CHAT IN , MI CANT UNDERSTAND
sexxslave
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:34:48 PM

I LOVE BLEACH OUT WOMEN. BLEACH WOMEN LOOK SEXY, IF MY WOMAN DONT BLEACH, I DONT WANT HER.