Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Forum Login

Aren't we all judgemental Options
Timmo
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 7:39:33 AM

Groups: Member

People all the time are quick to say that they are not judgemental. We accept verdicts by the JUDGES in the COURTS OF LAW without any questions or objections, only to learn that there are many innocent people behind bars.

We condemn the shop keeper as a thief, when s/he probably made a honest mistake with our change. That often makes matters worse, because, now s/he will not even give you back your change because it will now look like s/he was really a thief.

A man sey dem obeah him. His skin and flesh is broken and will not heal. He goes to the obeah man for years (to get revenge)while keeping malice and passing judgement on the person whom is said to have assigned the obeah curse on him. Although several dotors have told him that he is diabetic.

Though there are many more examples based on what I have explained so far. What is even more surprising and even annoying is when the facts are presented, people still hold to the judgment they have already passed.

I do not think that there is anything wrong with being judgemental....because if you see a person stealing your money or your property and you call s/he a damn thief, what else could they be called ?. The problem is when you do not have the evidence or given the facts of the incident and you make the same call and codemn the person.

Next time when you hear some one says...'a lie dem a tell pon mi' maybe a really lie dem a tel fi true

I have a great desire to know the facts. I will never be able to know it all. NEVER. But I have got no problem passing judgement based on the facts only....how about you ?

BlkDiva
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:21:53 PM

im not judgemental... but:d/ thats just my opinion{smile}.....
Lorie
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:48:11 AM

Timmo wrote:
People all the time are quick to say that they are not judgemental. We accept verdicts by the JUDGES in the COURTS OF LAW without any questions or objections, only to learn that there are many innocent people behind bars.

We condemn the shop keeper as a thief, when s/he probably made a honest mistake with our change. That often makes matters worse, because, now s/he will not even give you back your change because it will now look like s/he was really a thief.

A man sey dem obeah him. His skin and flesh is broken and will not heal. He goes to the obeah man for years (to get revenge)while keeping malice and passing judgement on the person whom is said to have assigned the obeah curse on him. Although several dotors have told him that he is diabetic.

Though there are many more examples based on what I have explained so far. What is even more surprising and even annoying is when the facts are presented, people still hold to the judgment they have already passed.

I do not think that there is anything wrong with being judgemental....because if you see a person stealing your money or your property and you call s/he a damn thief, what else could they be called ?. The problem is when you do not have the evidence or given the facts of the incident and you make the same call and codemn the person.

Next time when you hear some one says...'a lie dem a tell pon mi' maybe a really lie dem a tel fi true

I have a great desire to know the facts. I will never be able to know it all. NEVER. But I have got no problem passing judgement based on the facts only....how about you ?

boy a long time mi no hear bout dem tings deh eh no, lol. but I share your view about being too judgmental and think its just human nature for us to do that, some might call it guts feelings, six sense etc. but when the facts presents its self it only fair that 1 apologies for being judgmental.
Timmo
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 3:52:44 PM

sincerelyyours wrote:
Timmo wrote:

And so we stand in the way of our own development as a person and as a nation.

I know of a professional woman who had the same issue. She nearly lost her life to cancer because she refused to believe the doctor. She preferred to believe it was her sister that wanted her gone in order to inherit a house. She is a miserable soul because she is always judging based on her "feelings". Everyone is either doing or want to do her wrong!

Me? Show me the facts ... Yes, I admit that I'm perceptive but I also strive to be objective. I keep what I feel to myself and make my judgements based on the facts that are presented. I agree that the 'facts' may be different depending on where it is coming from but the essence is that I try to make reasoned judgements.

You have made some very interesting points. It also spills over into insincts or a spiritual connection or sixth sense too. That also ifluence us in being judgemental. And even our parents for example... they seemed to know when we were telling the truth or lying even without much facts or evidence (when we were children).

A woman jus get a vibes and guh search har man wallet or him cellphone an find out sey him a cheat pon har. She alwyas di ah accuse im widout any evidence to. I conclude then that we can be judgemental and be correct, even wihout much facts and evidence.

Thanks for giving me another scope on the issue.
Timmo
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:04:49 PM

Lorie wrote:
Timmo wrote:

boy a long time mi no hear bout dem tings deh eh no, lol. but I share your view about being too judgmental and think its just human nature for us to do that, some might call it guts feelings, six sense etc. but when the facts presents its self it only fair that 1 apologies for being judgmental.

Sometimes the gut feeligs prove to be correct too. This is 'sort of' mentioned when I replied to sincrelyyours(above). My response to you and her are both linked. I got a little mixed up here, but you see what I am trying to say. Gut feelings ,instincts or sixth sense or the vibes are about the same. We can actully feel when someone is looking at us too...imagine that!..and we are correct too.
Timmo
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:15:28 PM

BlkDiva wrote:

I know that...cuz you know I will never cheat on you. I can leave my cellphone and wallet anywhere around di place and it is always where I left it. dats why mi luv yu suh.MMmmmuuuaahhh Hol' on deh!!! a who tek out di phone numba wheh did inna mi pants pocket.(smile)

Luv yah to da max girl.
honeybee222
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:51:53 PM

To be honest i'm judgemental at times. I judge people on how they look, talk and act. It's not okay to look at someone and judge them on their appearance ect, becauese I don't know who this person is or what they are capable of. We're all judgemental, it's in our nature,their are people who just look at me and judge me,so I don't feel bad about been judgemental. It's one of my flaws I hope to work on day.
BlkDiva
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:58:21 PM

Timmo wrote:
BlkDiva wrote:

I know that...cuz you know I will never cheat on you. I can leave my cellphone and wallet anywhere around di place and it is always where I left it. dats why mi luv yu suh.MMmmmuuuaahhh Hol' on deh!!! a who tek out di phone numba wheh did inna mi pants pocket.(smile)

Luv yah to da max girl.
i love you too timmo always........
LowKey
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:41:07 PM

From the desk of: "KEY Da Dragon Diplomat by Choice"

YES, I do believe that we are all capable of some of the same things. Emotionally, or n the sense realm. HOWEVER, I DIFFER greatly in that ... We may all have the same ability or perpensity WE DO NOT ALL DO THE SAME THINGS ... SOME PPL LIE, EVERYONE DOES NOT LIE, SOME PPL STEAL ALL PPL DO NOT STEAL .. LIKEWISE, I BELIEVE ABOUT ALL OF HUMAN ENDEVORS. (some do, some don't some do it right . some won't) YES ... I do judge. I ONLY JUDGE MYSELF .. in relationship to the world at large. To do elsewise is inherently flawed and distructive. Most walk that crooked path > From 1 MAN'S not so humble OPINION AND OBSERVATIONS.

LOL

1 Endless Love Babez N da woodz

I know you don't give a Fuck >> But other have made the same observation and drawn the same conclusions >> Muscle Butt

Adultz Only Anxious