Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Forum Login

Money can't buy you everything Options
nuhknow
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 10:07:35 AM

Groups: Member

With money you can buy a house, but not a home.

With money you can buy a clock, but not time.

With money you can buy a bed, but not sleep.

With money you can buy a book, but not knowledge.

With money you can buy a doctor, but not good health.

With money you can buy a position, but not respect.

With money you can buy blood, but not life.

With money you can buy sex, but not love.

LowKey
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 5:25:37 PM

From the desk of: "HATEMALEME"

Let me be the first to say ... that as a divorced man ... in retrospect if I can not be First in Love, but I can be Second in Money, I would rather be Second, than Last ... True .. Money can only do so much but look how much it can do ... I can buy my house, Its MY HOME cuz itz what I OWN .. I don't need a clock money bought me my time ... MY TIME IS MINE ...I have a bed I may not sleep but I have a place to rest my weary head and NO ONE CAN KICK ME OUTTA BED. I have knowledge about how fortunate I am to KNOW I have money in my check book. I may not alway be in good health but I can go to a doctor and pay for it Myself...I can buy what health is available and I, I do not NEED OR WANT YOUR RESPECT it is yours to give, mines to earn (but I refuse to work because I have money ta burn) ... I do not require others to vailidate me ... My money helped to SET ME FREE ... It was MY BLOOD, Sweat and Tears ... shed for years and years ... Building MY LIFE and MY MONEY. MY MONEY BUYS ME EVERYTHING I NOW NEED (I ain't even try'n ta make any more ...that would be greed), I CAN LIVE WITHOUT EVERYTHING because all I WANT is what I NEED...> IT IS ALWAYS NICE TO BE WITH OTHER, DEAR FRIENDS AND LOVERS ... BUT THE DEEPEST LOVE I HAVE ... IS LOVE OF ME ( oh and my money)!

Believe it... Money MAKES ME HAPPY!

So once again to each of you ..... itz yo life ...DO WHAT YA DO!

I like err 1 WANTS love ... BUT I NEED Money. In life that is how the shit is listed ... and I AIN'T gonna git the shit twisted...I can live without everything I WANT as long as I have every thing I NEED.

Hear My Voice, when women force me to make a choice between love of them and love of me, itz plain ta see ... I CHOOSE TO LIVE MY LIFE M.O.B. NOW, it sure as hell my not make me happier but it sure as hell ain't gonna make me unhappier (that would be the money).
My happiness is so simple and plain to see ... I GOT MY MONEY AND I AM BITCH FREE ... >>>> lol >>>NO MATTER HOW YOU FEEL OR WHAT YOU THINK YOU SEE ...>I KNOW IT FOR A FACT, JACK >>> IT CAN ONLY GIT BETTA FOR ME ...>>ahhahaha Hard/er Timez.....They R A come'n wait and see
cut
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2008 8:18:34 PM

I was once asked . if I have a choice to be poor and happy or rich and unhappy which would I choose.I immediately replied to be rich and unhappy.WHY? when you have been pushed around because you are poor.when you have been abused because you are poor.when you work hard and at the end of the day they pay you nothing.when you see the ability your children have to succeed but you cant help them because you are poor.when landlord dissed and you cant retaliate becaues you are poor.when you cant even get sex because the ladies think you are not good enough for them because you are poor. then you stop to wonder.I never have to wonder too much because everything I mentioned is of personal experience.when you are poor you barely have any choice but when you have money you can at least choose the best for yourself and your family and it put you in a better position to help others.
LowKey
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:45:17 PM

CUT >> >I HAVE A WHOLE NEW AND TOTALY RESPECT FOR YOU!

YOUR TRUTH BROUGHT TEARS TO MY HEART MIND BODY AND SOUL (been there did that)>>> I HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS AND OUR FOREFATHER WERE TOLD THIS FROM DAYS OF OLD .. DEM THAT MAKEZ THE RULEZ GOTZ DA GOLD!

IT WAS ALL TO OBIVIOUS THAT A NOTT (a zero) A NOTT A FIGURE (some number) AND A FIGURE ALL FOR THE WHITE FOLK NONE FOR THE NIGGER ...

BUT THAT WAS THEN MY FRIEND >>> AND BELIEVE ME .. I SAY TO YOU AND THE WORLD ... NEVA AGAIN!

"YOU" CAN BREAK MY HEART, I CAN NOT STOP IT BUT "YOU" CAN NEVA BREAK MY POCKET!...."YOU" MAKE THINK ITS A LIE BUT ITS NO JOKE ... AS LONG AS I AM ALIVE I CAN NEVA GO BROKE OH, I CAN GO DOWN BUT NEVA OUT AND DAZ WHAT I'M TALK'N BOUT....Bless Ja!!
grace_1967
Posted: Thursday, October 2, 2008 5:58:47 PM

lowkey. you stiil need god. money cant help you when he comes. lol
LowKey
Posted: Thursday, October 2, 2008 11:40:10 PM

Honey, You do not need what you already have ...> LOL ...thought you knew, but if you didn't b4 NOW YA DO >>> LOL
kyle charisma
Posted: Friday, October 3, 2008 5:24:36 PM

lowkey bcareful...dont let the love of money drive you to make sinister choices!
as i look at the choices that Cut has presented, i see that many ppl face the same choices....Rich yes! but what did you do to get there? what sacrifice did you hav to make to afford yourself those priveledges? was it your family's safety, your health, or maybe your pride and dignity......who knows?...

happy and poor or rich and unhappy? isnt there any space in the middle?....partially happy with a little money?.....if not i choose...

Happiness...

to me i want to look back at life on my death bed and say "hey i had a good ride,it could hav been better....but it cud av been far worse!" instead of "more money more problems...TsssK!"

even though there might be adverse circumstances...its nice to get up each day with a smile on my face, friends and families to laugh and spend time and make memories with...that's richness enough for me....................
LowKey
Posted: Saturday, October 4, 2008 9:01:40 AM

I neva said FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY ... I SAID ... IF I DID OR DO NOT HAVE LOVE ... give me the money ... I do not use or misuse ppl for it or about it ... I just try to have what is necessary to do the thing I desire to do ...of late there are fewer and fewer thingz cuz I have already done most of dem >>lol

I make a conserted effort not ta git things twisted ... PEOPLE MATTER AND MONEY COUNT ... THE OTHER WAY ROUND ...NOT PEOPLE COUNT, MONEY MATTERS. Money is nothing more than a vehicle use to transport you to the things you want....
LowKey
Posted: Saturday, October 4, 2008 3:46:44 PM

I know I come across Like a REAL FOOL sometime ... NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH ... I am just well read and well inform and MY HEART IS BLACKER THEN HINGES ON THE GATES OF HELL and twice HARDER THAN DIAMOND! ... WE ARE KILLING OURSELVES BY NOT (forming success unions) PROTECTING AND RAISING OUR CHILDREN TO BE THE LEADER THEY WERE BORN TO BE (a self impose form of genicide)... DAZ ALL I AM SAYING ... TO GIVE UP LOVING A BLACK OOOMAN OR BLACK MAN ...TO NOT FORM A UNION AND UPLIFT OUR CHILDREN TO GREATNESS ... IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST THING WE CAN DO AS A PEOPLE ... FORSAKE THE CHILDREN ...

World Bank shows poverty rooted in childhood
By Naomi Mapstone in Lima

Published: October 3 2008 01:32 | Last updated: October 3 2008 01:32

Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Mexico, Uruguay and Venezuela are closer to ensuring their citizens have the chance to break the cycle of poverty than many of their neighbours in Latin America and the Caribbean, according to the World Bank’s first Human Opportunity Index.

The index, developed by World Bank economists and piloted in Latin America because of its vast gulf between rich and poor, is a new type of measurement that focuses not on income but on the factors children need to ensure they have an equal start in life.

TRUST ME MI NIGGAZ.........Lowkey ... knowz...what of he speakz ... you do not have to BELIEVE ME OR TRUST ME >>> LIKE I SAY DO A LITTLE RESEARCH ON THE SUBJECT MATTER I SPEAK TO ... AND YOU CAN SEE IT FOR YA SELF.....1 LOVE!
LowKey
Posted: Saturday, October 4, 2008 3:56:03 PM

from the desk of: "HATEMALEME"
article and comments continue >>>>

It was “a breakthrough methodology” that would lead to focusing investment where it had the highest impact, said Marcelo Giugale, director of the World Bank’s poverty reduction and economic management for the Latin America and Caribbean region.

Of 19 countries studied, using data for the decade up to 2005, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua were struggling the most to give their poorest a way to progress, while Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Panama, Paraguay, Jamaica, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Colombia and Jamaica shared the middle of the table

LOL >>> NOW WHICH ONE OF UZ MUTTERFUCKERZ GONNA TRY TA FRONT ME AND TELL ME I DON'T KNOW MY SHIT ... I KNOW SHIT AIN'T EVEN BEEN INVENTED YET..>>> I AM A REAL NIGGA DA KIND THAT CAN HIT YO PUSSY AND WILL BREAK YA BACK WITH NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH AND PURE FACT>>>>>>HOLLA IF YA HERE ME gurl... cuz...I can rock it like DAT! >>come here baby let me buy you a home ... so I can be da 1 ta hear ya MOAN AND Groan! ahahha LOL
flexiee
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2008 9:17:45 AM

kyle charisma wrote:
lowkey bcareful...dont let the love of money drive you to make sinister choices!
as i look at the choices that Cut has presented, i see that many ppl face the same choices....Rich yes! but what did you do to get there? what sacrifice did you hav to make to afford yourself those priveledges? was it your family's safety, your health, or maybe your pride and dignity......who knows?...

happy and poor or rich and unhappy? isnt there any space in the middle?....partially happy with a little money?.....if not i choose...

Happiness...

to me i want to look back at life on my death bed and say "hey i had a good ride,it could hav been better....but it cud av been far worse!" instead of "more money more problems...TsssK!"

even though there might be adverse circumstances...its nice to get up each day with a smile on my face, friends and families to laugh and spend time and make memories with...that's richness enough for me....................

=d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d>
like the saying goes being happy does not necessarilly mean everything is perfect, it means you decided to look beyond the imperfections and being happy is one way of being wise...
"Joy has nothing to do with material things, or with man's outward circumstance...A man living in the lap of luxury can be wretched, and a man in the depths of poverty can overflow with joy" WILLIAM BACLAY
LowKey
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2008 12:32:38 PM

flexiee I am not gonna git on ya bad side for obivious reasons, that not withstanding ... THAT COMMENT FROM WILLIAM BARCLAY ... is and was spoken LIKE A MAN THAT HAD MONEY ... my question is WHO IS WILLIAM BARCLAY ANYWAY ... knowing who he is and what he said ... plus a dolla 75 centz I can git me a cup of coffee....

STRIKE A BALANCE!! I WILL NEVER BEMOAN THE NICENESS OF luxury in a physical and material world nor WILL I FALL VICTIM TO MATERALISM ... YES, I ENJOY BEING ABLE TA FOOT DA COST FOR DA BILLZ ...AND SOME THRILLZ ...

I WANT MY BABY TA HAVE CASH N HER POCKET ...GOLD AND DIAMONDZ ON WIT HER THONG! (also n her pocket some plastic, cuz now daz the shit fantasitc) AND I DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WIT DAT...NOTHING AT ALL AND I WILL NOT FEEL GUILTY! NOT NOW NOT EVER ...I am like KING Solomon, THE RICHEST MAN EVER KNOW, WITH WISDON HE SAT UPON HIS throne << I do not deceive you, do not do it on your own.

1 LOVE BABY!
foxxylicious
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2008 12:36:16 AM

Yes money can buy you loads and loads of things but come on now look into what mone cannot buy you weigh up the Pros and Cons and then ask urself again would u rather money, or the pros of what money can give you or would u rather be not exactly broke cause u will always have money..but ok and have piece of mind in your happieness, heart and know u know you never sold your soul too the Devil for just wealth and vanity???
LowKey
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 9:17:39 AM

Like I keep saying, and it may just be this way for me ... I have had to go without love, sex (basically a woman) and money ... and I say again, I can go without love or sex (a woman)...I can not live without money ... I PERSONALLY WOULD NEVER TRADE MY MONEY IN ON A MODERN WOMAN if I had to choose M.O.B. for me that is that ... I KNOW WHAT A OOMAN CAN DO, WILL DO AND DO DO ... AS LONG AS I GOT ME SOME MONEY ... YOU CAN NOT WILL NOT DO ME ... I ain't selling anything to the devil and no one else. Moreover, I ain't buy'n No Bullshit from the Devil, (who can come in a blue dress) So save that mess... True Money CAN NOT BUY HAPPINESS ... BUT believe ME ... Da shit I buy MAKEZ ME HAPPY! >>So do what U do ... I/YOU do not have to EAT WITH, SLEEP WITH NOR BE WITH ME or I with YOU. Cuz without you I GOT TA MAKE AND KEEP MYSELF HAPPY and MONEY goes a LONG way for me EACH AND EVERY DAY.... and I don't care IF IT STAYS THAT WAY ... I'M GOOD WIT IT ...

Shame on you Money can buy me everything BUT LOVE ... So fuck it ... I'LL LOVE MYSELF ... EVEN IF I AM BY MYSELF ... Least I ain't a BROKE MUTTERFUCKER ... N need ...and lack and all dat ...

For the things I have ... I WORKD HARD ... AND I KNOW MY STRENGTH, MY HEALTH, MY FUTURE AND WEALTH ... ARE ALL A GIFT FROM GOD ..

1 Love Baby
Timmo
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 2:12:52 PM

cut wrote:
I was once asked . if I have a choice to be poor and happy or rich and unhappy which would I choose.I immediately replied to be rich and unhappy.WHY? when you have been pushed around because you are poor.when you have been abused because you are poor.when you work hard and at the end of the day they pay you nothing.when you see the ability your children have to succeed but you cant help them because you are poor.when landlord dissed and you cant retaliate becaues you are poor.when you cant even get sex because the ladies think you are not good enough for them because you are poor. then you stop to wonder.I never have to wonder too much because everything I mentioned is of personal experience.when you are poor you barely have any choice but when you have money you can at least choose the best for yourself and your family and it put you in a better position to help others.

YOU ARE CORRECT TO THE EXTREME. A Ukranian elder once told me that 'if monkey had money, monkey would have wife too'. Money gives one choices. It can not stop death eventully but people in rich or poor countries that can afford to buy better health care, do live longer and maintain better health. Well said
Timmo
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 2:21:15 PM

kyle charisma wrote:

Happiness...

Good points too brother. You are enlightened. Maintaining your dignity, conscience and your peace of mind. Ain't no money can but that.
Timmo
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:44:55 PM

Once I heard a Jamaican politician saying that one needs CASH to care. I did not buy into that crap. Cash can give one limited care but so can the positive advice you give to someone that helps them over come their problems. Sharing my dinner with someon who is hungry, offering shelter to somone.

I have a short story I would like to share;

I got homeless for about 6 months in Canada (1998)while in my second year in university. I lost my Job and wife took flight... and I knew no other one who could help me. I slept in -9 temperatures and used a candle placed in a bowl of water on the floor of the front seat area to keep warm.I also had a sheet..not a blanket. I cracked the widows about 1 inch to reduce the possible build up of carbon monoxide(which is poisonous). I found a part time job which was enough to buy gas for the vehicle I slept in and some food. I tried to save the rest for first and last rent deposit. I remember lying in the back seat of my car on Sundays and as the Air Canada took of for Jamaica...I knew that if I was in Jamaica I would be peparing my lessons to teach in cschool the next day.

Despite being a citizen of Canada,Social Servics told me that I had to quit my part time job to qualify for welfare(Foreign refugees have more rights to live in comfort than citizens...better believe that) My pride would not allow that. Neither would it allow me to be in another country(Jamaica) from my children.Despite.

I worked from 4 am-9am and studied in a 24/7 donut shop and the library. I had two bouts of Pneumonia (recurring) because I could not afford the medication quick enough. I eventually got out when a Jewish friend and his wife I had met years ago in Canada offered me some place to live. They even gave me their spare car to drive, because my 240lbs frame broke the already rusted chasis of my 1980 Grand Lemans Car.

When I eventually found a good job and moved forward I rented a two bedroom apartment (the only space available).I furnishd both rooms slowly... without a credit card.

One winter day in In 2000 I saw a guy whose accent (like mine) is Jamaican. He was in the same donut shop I used to study.

He came up to me and said 'Mawnin Boss" then proceeded to me asked a rather strange question.

"Yu caan gimme a kotch fi di night...mi illegal still, but me a ago mek a move go a 'merica."

I did not think twice. I said yes. In the morning he was up early he said someone was going to pick him up. He said he did not want breakfast, but he told me thanks and left. As he went through the door my eyes welled with tears....and my tears ran freely and I sobbed. Because I remembered.Who sey man no suppose fi cry.

I could not eat the food I had prepared I went the whole day at work without food. I felt fulfilled. I knew I had helped someone...though I am not rich I did not need to have money to care. I had a conscience because I had been there before. I am also glad that I had lived long enough to help out a similar situation to mine.

Try knocking on the gate or door of one of those rich people...and tell them your story of poverty and need for help. With all their money, they would mostly try to keep their distance bcause they think you want to take what they have. I may have little but i am always willing to share some of it. When I die I will not take anything with me. I came into this world without clothes..and the moment my mother put on me... a diaper or nappy...I had already broken even. How much more I need to achieve will mostly depend on me.

Thanks for reading. Hope I did not bore you.

Timmo
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:50:01 PM

zoya wrote:
Timmo.... my heart goes out to you sir....i can relate to in a bit i remember when i was pregnant with my son ting was ruff with me... i use to work with an agency 2 hours a day... i remember calling social service.. because you have to call them and they gave you an appointment and it was a cold nov. month i wen there at atwel and de woman went through mi accound at de time mi have5 dalla..... bay foot and pregnant de black woman look pon mi and tell mi seh dem cant help mi because mi nuh qulified fi assistance.... when de woman tell mi so tears run dow mi cheeks dem...... mi just walk out a de office.... cut a long story short... life in canada nuh pretty when you nuh have nuh help... i thank GOD for providing me with this job mi nuh go a be bed hungry and mi pickney nuh hungry and mi nuh go back a de ppl dem place go ask fi help.i have fine my self in a position to send my self back to school and paying cash for my course as i go a long..... the african dem seh is not all condition is pernament... thanks to the fadai am a suriver........my friend Timmo tell your self i have arrive....

thank you very much... I certainly hope that when Jamdowners read these things they will know seh when wi come a yaad pon vacation a nuh rich wi rich. Jus haffi get off som a di stress fram farin.

Girl yu fah ReaLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Horn
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 3:34:16 PM

Yes it can...

Reality101
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 12:59:18 PM

Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich. Proverbs 28:6

He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse. Proverbs 28:27

There is nothing wrong with having money as long as you make it the honest way, don't allow it to become your God and give to the poor when you can!