Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Forum Login

HOW WUD U LIK TO GET A HAND WRITTEN LETTER LIK DIS FR YU PRIME MINISTER Options
333negril
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 8:23:54 AM

Groups: Member

This link will let you see the letter...click on the letter to see it in A4 format

thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/papercolumnists/billleckie/2721885/Bill-Leckie-column.html

I'VE never had a letter handwritten by someone as important as the PM.
But if one day it plops onto the mat, you'd like to think you'd open the envelope to find it created with a fountain pen that costs more than a small car.

You'd also think that every word would have spelled perfectly, every sentence expertly created. For this is, after all, a brilliant man.

Who, if he should make a mistake in the course of writing something the recipient will remember forever, would surely screw up the spoiled notepaper and start afresh.

Sadly, all those illusions have been shattered. Because it transpires that our Prime Minister sends out messages of condolence where even the word condolences is misspelled.

Your heart goes out to grieving Jacqui Janes, whose pain at losing squaddie son Jamie in Afghanistan was compounded by Gordon Brown mourning him in a near-illegible scrawl which even has the boy's name partly scored out and written over.

All of it done with a felt pen that cost less than a small biscuit.

Let's cut to the chase here. It looks like a six-year-old's letter to Santa.

A six-year-old who's going to end up with a Bambi doll, a PayStation and a new boke.

Now, you can see Brown's dilemma - if he starts getting letters as personal as this typed up, he'd be admitting his eyesight really WAS failing as badly as many claim.

What would he rather have? A public debate about his medical condition or a public humiliation like this?

I'd take the medical option. After all, we've had a blind man in the Cabinet and no one ever held his disability against him.

Vanity's a naughty mistress. And so we find our glorious leader toiling on and producing gaffes like this that leave him open to so much more criticism than giving in to ocular weakness ever could.

If he'd got the letter typed, all we'd have said is that he can't see too well.

Instead, the world now knows how bad his writing his, how careless he is with names, how much his spelling and grammar ming and that he's too mean to use a second sheet of paper.

Of course, No10 can't see the problem, if you'll pardon the expression.

On radio yesterday morning, a spokesman sniffed that "speaking dispassionately", this paper had over-written the story.

Well, speaking passionately, this country has over-reached itself in sending under-funded, under-equipped, underpaid troops into unwinnable wars.

And when those troops die and their families are left wondering why, the passion THEY feel rages like a swollen river.

So forgive us for making people aware of the pain Mrs Janes - that's with an 'n', Gordon - went through when that letter dropped onto her mat.

Forgive us for wanting people to know the off-hand, untidy manner in which our Prime Minister represents them to the families of the fallen.

It makes me laugh that Brown's taking flak for forgetting to bow in front of the Cenotaph on Sunday, that some accuse him of showing a lack of respect. Sorry, but that ship sailed long ago.

He and Blair and the rest of Bush's apologists proved they had no respect for today's forces or for all the sacrifices made in two World Wars the moment they approved this sham of a War On Terror.

Advertisement

In fact, I get more angry when politicians DO follow all the protocol on Remembrance Sunday, when they look all po-faced as they place their wreaths - when they're the ones who keep sending kids to sort out the messes they can't sort themselves.

Particularly when, on this very Remembrance Sunday, the latest family to lose a son were having the awful news broken to them.

There is no good day for this news to come. But on the very morning when all of Britain remembers those who gave their lives for freedom? Well, the anguish must be beyond words.

We've now lost 95 troops in Afghanistan this year. You'd like to hope it would be over by Christmas, but sadly it looks like it'll only be over 100.

So it looks like all Gordon Brown's going to be getting from Santa is writer's cramp.

With the 'm' scored out.

MarcAntony
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 10:08:38 AM

My first problem is believing that it was in fact sent from the British Prime Minister. I just can't wrap my head around the idea. It was clearly written by someone who has written a lot in the past. But besides that, and the letter head, I see no indication that it SHOULD have come from the PM. It is completely pathetic.

Didn't anyone proof read it before it was sent out? What the hell were they thinking? Why add the frustration of trying to DECODE this enigma-breaking, and insultingly slapdash-ed message to the family's grief?

'sum peeple nuh ave nutten bout dem.'
333negril
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 11:02:37 AM

Believe it or not this letter was writen by Gordon brown...they say his hand writing is very bad and it might be he was writing it from a moving car...plus fi all of you that dont know our Prime minister has only one eye...he lost one of his eye in a rugby accident at school....but is it that he cant spell like mi yah....i dont think the top man cant...anyway he has since opoligise to the Woman for spelling her son name wrong

MarcAntony wrote:
My first problem is believing that it was in fact sent from the British Prime Minister. I just can't wrap my head around the idea. It was clearly written by someone who has written a lot in the past. But besides that, and the letter head, I see no indication that it SHOULD have come from the PM. It is completely pathetic.

Didn't anyone proof read it before it was sent out? What the hell were they thinking? Why add the frustration of trying to DECODE this enigma-breaking, and insultingly slapdash-ed message to the family's grief?

'sum peeple nuh ave nutten bout dem.'
donp
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 12:42:55 PM

from the minute you see it was published in the sun you know its bullssht, And anyone can make a letter headed paper using a computer but sun readers wouldnt realise that anyway
MarcAntony
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 12:48:07 PM

333negril wrote:
anyway he has since opoligise to the Woman for spelling her son name wrong

What's the point of sending a hand-written letter in 2009, if at the end of it you need to apologize for how poorly it was written? Misguided is the very minimum I'd accuse the writer of. The issue's a mole hill though.
333negril
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 2:28:31 PM

donp wrote:
from the minute you see it was published in the sun you know its bullssht, And anyone can make a letter headed paper using a computer but sun readers wouldnt realise that anyway

Base on your coment on the Gordon Brown hand written letter..i get the feelin yu nuh live in the UK....if yu do live here it seem as if yu nuh hav access to radio,tv or news papers...and when yu go on the internet a ONLY Jampersonals yu check out as yu nuh much time online cause di £1.00 per hrs goes too quickly
or base on the age yu put on yu profile (79 yrs old) if you are dat old yu head mus be gathering water...ha ha haaaaaaaaa
donp
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 7:05:21 AM

333negril wrote:
donp wrote:

Base on your coment on the Gordon Brown hand written letter..i get the feelin yu nuh live in the UK....if yu do live here it seem as if yu nuh hav access to radio,tv or news papers...and when yu go on the internet a ONLY Jampersonals yu check out as yu nuh much time online cause di £1.00 per hrs goes too quickly
or base on the age yu put on yu profile (79 yrs old) if you are dat old yu head mus be gathering water...ha ha haaaaaaaaa

Ha ha very funny! I'm going to come clean and say that I didnt read the article or even looked at it but from when the sun said they were backing cameron then I'd expect them to come up with shit like this, Ok the guy might have written the note but all the other papers didnt have it as front page news. If he did write it I couldnt see why he would have when he have a PA who normally see to things like that, unless he draft it for his PA to deal with and some scumbag posted it out as it is. What you got to remember is that there are protocols set up as to what would come from the prime minsters office as official letters and if this isnt an oficial letter then it shouldnt be on letter headed paper. I will have to look at the link to see if it was set out as a standard letter and if it was signed. Anyway dont believe the hype, right I think I better go drain my head of this water so I can try and figure what this £1.00 per hout is for.
333negril
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 7:36:55 AM

Ok Donp......mi glad yu did not cuss mi off.....for saying what i hav said....anyway every1 knows Gordon Brown wont win the nxt election comin up nxt yrs...even the SUN see that only you dont seem too happy bout dat...that is why yu no want to read the SUN news paper

mark yu i am not for Comeron nor Brown i wud rather go wid Nick Clegg...but let mi tell yu that letter is real trust mi..all of the talk shows were chating bout it..it was the woman dat get the letter make the big fuss about it....and show it to the SUN.....

the £1.00 thing i was messin wid yu sayin yu go to the internet shop only to look at jampersonals...memba seh a 1 pound per hour at di shop......
alexandra
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 8:28:43 AM

I assume that the British Prime Minister's decision to send a hand written letter to this family is to add warmth and a personal touch to the message he conveyed. However, he should have assessed the situation giving the politics that comes with his position, which makes him vulnerable, checked the facts and carefully crossed his 'ts' and dotted his 'is' before he sent this letter out.